Author, judge, tutor and textile artist — Cynthia Morgan juggles the various hats as a master of them all. Her quilts evoke striking images of realism and life in the minutest detail. As a result, her works have gained recognition as some of the world’s most dynamic quilt art. She was invited to exhibit 18 quilts at the American National Quilt Museum in 2011. Subsequently the Museum bought her triptych Summer Garden for their collection. Her striking work takes artquilts into another dimension, teasing the imagination and spirit of viewers around the world.
Cynthia has her work in private collections in Australia, United Kingdom, Germany, New Zealand and USA.
- Waterlilies Powerhouse Museum Sydney.
- Brisbane Landmarks Metway Bank headquarters.
- Surfside Gold Coast International Hotel
- Through the Open Doorway Rockhampton Girls’ Grammar school
Invited or Juried Exhibitions
- 2011 The Nature of Design – National Quilt Museum, Paducah, Ky. USA
- 2004 National Audubon Society’s Exhibition Habitat, Dayton Ohio, USA
- 2002 “Living By The Water” & “Garden – Culture – Landscape”. Monchengladbach, Germany.
- 2002 Under the Southern Cross UK, New Zealand, Netherlands.
- 2000 Horizons UK, South Africa, New Zealand.
- 2000 QUILTING MASTERCLASS by Katherine Guerrier pp146-149
- 2000 Patchwork & Quilting (UK) January Lake Eyre Experience pp 26
- 1999 SILK QUILTS by Hanne Vibeke de Koning Stapel, pp68-69.
- 1997 QUILTSKILLS – WORKSHOPS FROM THE QUILTERS GUILD
- 1997 AMERICAN QUILTER MAGAZINE Winter Issue pp30-32.
- 1995 A QUILTER’S JOURNEY – INSPIRATION TO CULMINATION by Cynthia Morgan. Publisher Kangaroo Press, Kenthurst NSW Australia ISBN O 86417
- 1995 ART/QUILT Magazine, Issue # 2, USA. Pages 33 – 33
- 1995 Craft Arts International Issue 33. Cover and pages 44-47.
- 1995 Art Pictorial Japan Vol 5 p18
- 1995 Australia Dreaming Quilts to Nagoya The Quilters’ Guild Inc. p.60
Click to send